Welcome to my freshly updated website! It took a while because of the ridiculously busy schedule the past months, but I didn’t want to end up wishing y’all a happy new year by next April, so here I am: WISHING YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PEACEFUL 2017 FILLED WITH LOTS OF BEAUTIFUL MUSIC! No matter what your gender, colour, religion, political preference etc. etc. etc. may be. F*ck all that bullshit. No matter what happens in the world, my biggest goal in life remains to play with as many possible beautiful fellow musicians around the world for as many lovely audiences in the world. And the more neglecting idiots will appear in both media or politics, the more I will play! So once again I wish you ALL a happy 2017!
I am truly grateful for the many highlights in 2016. The first things that come to my mind now are the concerts with Dr. Lonnie Smith, dr. John, Georgie Fame, Candy Dulfer, Kenny B and many, many more. The countless arrangements I wrote and recorded with my buddies The Special Request Horns, for bands and artists with different musical backgrounds, Such as, Fresku, Marco Borsato, Di-Rect, The Ladies of Soul, Raccoon, Bløf, Brownie, Steffen Morrison, Writersday, just to name a few; and last but not least the release of our album with the JVD4: Dear John, and the lovely concerts we had!
There’s a few things I am already looking forward to in 2017:
- The upcoming flamingo concerts together with my long time friend and ace guitarist Tino van der Sman next Jan 14 and 15.
- The upcoming album of Candy Dulfer, with lots of fresh new horn arrangements.
- The upcoming album of my dear friend Lodewijk van Gorp……finally!!
- Celebrating 15 years Special Request Horns, and our upcoming tours with Di-rect and Marco B.
- My new writing/ recording studio!
– Writing new stuff, finally…….
That’s about it right now. If you have any idea for a name of my new studio, please mail me! I will keep you posted about my upcoming tours, releases and media as soon as possible. Please enjoy the updated agenda and I hope to see you again next time.